Days 2 days week
Duration: 9 months
This qualification will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a hairdresser. Throughout this qualification you will achieve the following units;
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Advise and consult with clients
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Promote additional services or products to customers
How will I be assessed?
Assignments are carried out online, multiple choice questions and practical assessments at our commercial salon on training heads and live models. You will be supervised by technical staff and assessed on your occupational competence
What are the entry requirements?
You will need to attend an interview, good communication skills and basic understanding of English required
What can I progress on to?
On successful completion of the course, you will obtain NVQ level 2. This course equips you with the skills and knowledge to work as a junior stylist.
Progress on to level 3 with a minimum of one day working in a salon
Cost of courses
Once you have decided which course you would like to book and have read the terms and conditions, you are then required to pay a first instalment deposit via bank transfer before your course commences. You will then be emailed confirming details of the course of your choice.