The Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration is for learners who want to work in administrative support roles in public/ private sector organisations. The course can also benefit those who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills, from learning to carry out basic administrative tasks to gaining higher-level support skills, qualifications in Business Administration. The course can be tailored to meet you and your employer’s specific needs, meeting any statutory requirements for your job role and to gain practical experience needed to be an effective and productive administrator. You will gain confidence and develop understanding of working practices and employer organisations.
What will I learn from the course?
The mandatory units cover the principles of administration in a business environment and will provide you with the skills to develop working relationships and manage your own personal development and performance.
• Communication in a business environment
• Principles of providing administration services
• Principles of business documentation production and information management
• Understand employer organisations
• Manage personal and professional development
• Develop working relationships with colleagues
You can cover a broad spectrum of optional units to enable you to tailor the qualification to your own job role. These include the following:
• Handling mail
• Using a telephone and voicemail system
• Monitoring information systems
• Collating and reporting data
How is the course assessed?
You will complete a range of assessments, these may include:
• Written work, assignments, producing a portfolio that demonstrates the skills and knowledge you have gained and how you applied them at work
• Performance in the workplace
What can I do after completing the course?
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress to the following qualifications:
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
Alternatively, you may wish to progress into employment in customer service in a supporting role, for example:
Customer service assistant
Help desk assistant
Call centre advisor
Duration: 36 weeks