This qualification is about providing pedicure services to clients, it covers consulting with the client, recognising any contra-indications, preparing for the service and producing a service plan. Your practical skills will include filing the nails, applying skin & cuticle treatments, cleaning & drying the feet, removing excessive hard skin, massaging the foot, lower leg and providing a suitable nail finish.
Duration 4 weeks
Days: 1 day
To carry out this qualification, you will need to maintain effective health& safety hygiene throughout your work. You will also need to maintain your personal appearance and good communication with the client.
The main outcomes of the qualification are:
- Nail shapes and process of nail growth
- Treatable and non-treatable nail conditions
- Pedicure treatment procedure
- Specialised treatments
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Benefits, effects, aftercare
- Indications, contra-indications and contra-actions
- Client consultation & record keeping
When you have successfully completed this qualification you may choose to undertake further study on Level 2 Beauty Award and Certificate courses; qualifications you could progress to include:
VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services