This course is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed junior barber. This qualification is based on the Level 2 Barbering National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading professional association (The British Barbering Association – BBA) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a junior barber.
This qualification will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a Barber. Throughout this qualification you will achieve the following units:
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Advise and consult with clients
- Dry finish men’s hair
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- Promote additional services or products to customers
How will I be assessed?
Assignments are carried out online, multiple choice questions and practical assessments at our commercial salon on training heads and live models. You will be supervised by technical staff and assessed on your occupational competence.
Duration: 24 weeks
Days: 1 day
When you have successfully completed this qualification, you will have the opportunity to lead into employment as a junior Barber. This qualification provides progression opportunities to the following:
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
Fee: £2,300 starter kit included
Flexible payment options and Interest free installment plans are available.