Who the course is for
This course is designed to teach potential assessors, trainers, facilitators and teachers on how to train and support learners in a variety of vocational areas. It involves a 1 day initial induction during which the qualification will be explained in full details. You will explore how the evidence for your assessor qualification will be gathered and presented; following the training you will work independently to gather the evidence required with support from an experience tutor.
In order to begin working towards becoming an assessor, you must have a minimum of one of the following:
Hold a level 2 /3 or equivalent, relevant industrial experience that are current and appropriate to the units you attend to assess.
How is the course assessed?
The course will be assessed through a combination of written work, practical observation and submission of a portfolio of evidence. The evidence for your IQA will be gathered remotely.
- Assessor cycle and how do we assess?
- Questioning skills, SMART targets
- Ensuring validity, reliability, authenticity, sufficiently and accuracy of assessment
- Recognition of Prior Learning – RPL
- Assessment planning, tracking and reviewing with groups and individuals, holistic assessment and supplementary evidence
- Portfolio development using Linx2record e-portfolio
- Code of conduct, appeals procedure and supporting quality assurance requirements
You will study this course via distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you choose. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away! You can start the course at any time.
Duration: 12 weeks